Try out a musical instrument available for tuition at Our Lady of Mercy College Heidelberg, learn some basic skills and techniques, and experience what it’s like to learn music at the College.
|Date and Time||Wednesday 23 November|
|Time||4:00pm - 4.30pm
4.30pm - 5.00pm
|Location||Mercedes Hogan Theatre, OLMC Heidelberg, 39 Yarra St, Heidelberg VIC 3084|
|Who is it For||Future OLMC Heidelberg students in Grade 6 interested in learning a musical instrument at the College|
|RSVP||Book online by Monday 21 November|
These half hour sessions in small groups give Grade 6 students a chance to try out a musical instrument before we welcome them as students to OLMC Heidelberg in 2023.
Choose one or two 30 minute sessions focused on the following instrument groups:
You can try out two instruments by selecting a different one for each session time.
Playing a musical instrument can be a lifelong source of enjoyment, and lead to many academic and social benefits. OLMC Heidelberg has an extensive music program, with tuition available for a wide range of instruments.
There are many benefits that come from learning music at OLMC Heidelberg, including:
- A carefully selected and appropriately qualified tutor
- Regular monitoring of a student’s progress; feedback to parents via progressive rubrics
- Ensemble participation at an appropriate level
- Opportunities for examinations and assessments
- Regular performance opportunities
- The ability to earn commendations and other College awards
- Making friends across year levels
- Ease of access to lessons.
Experience OLMC Heidelberg offers girls in primary school a chance to try subjects they can study at the College. Together we can learn, lead and be the best we can be. We are empowered together.